compare or print compiled terminfo
reconstructs the first available
definition found for term
and prints the
result in a
format. Capability types are grouped together and new types start new lines,
first flags, then numbers, then strings. Capabilities are sorted by their
name. If a second term
is given then the
capabilities are compared against each other.
The following options are available:
- Print one capability per line.
- Use this database to load the first terminal
- Use this database to load subsequent terminal
- Include commented out capabilities. This only works if the
database was compiled with the -a flag passed
This also sets the -x flag as
infocmp retains commented out capabilities as
- Print capabilities common to each definition.
- Print capabilities that do not exist in either
- Make the comparison listing shorter by omitting subheadings
and using - for absent capabilities, @ for canceled capabilities rather
- Build a new terminal description for the first terminal
description, using subsequent terminal descriptions. This also sets the
- Limit the width to
- Include non-standard capabilities. More
-x only handles non-standard capabilities.
This only works if the database was compiled with the
-x flag passed to
- Override columns returned by the output terminal.
- infocmp uses the contents of
TERM environment variable if no
terminal name is given on the command line.
utility exits 0 on success,
and >0 if an error occurs.
utility outputs information that
conforms to the X/Open Curses Issue 4,
Version 2 (“XCURSES4.2”)